I love Scrivener. I have done since I managed to try out a mac copy. There is a free Scrivener for Windows Beta that I am currently testing. As it is a beta there a few bugs and not all features have been implemented yet. Final release is scheduled for the first quarter of 2011. Personally, I can’t wait! It’s already made my writing life a lot easier even though it is still in beta.
One of the features that has not been implemented yet is the ability to transfer files and folder between two Scrivener Projects. I have found a workaround for this.
- Open the projects you wish to transfer the files to and from.
- Compile files as a text file including titles for files, folders, and folder groups for the stuff you want to transfer. Making sure you include the titles as this is important.
- Import this text file into the other project(s).
- Select the text you want to use as a new scrivling/section title.
- Click on the Document > Split > Split with selection as title menu/command.
- Repeat the previous section until you have all the sections that you need.
Hope some of you may find this useful.
If you want to try the beta for yourself you can download it here.